Saturday, July 18, 2009

Le Côte d'Azur 1st Day — Monday, July 13, 2009

First Day of our 10th Anniversary trip to the Côte d'Azur (South of France)

Homeexchange.com has come through again with yet another fabulous home exchange! In February I got an email from a kind couple (Hans and Annie Blaasch) in Nice, France asking if we would be interested in a non-simultaneous exchange with them for the desert house. We could come in July (during the Nice Jazz Fest!), and they would come in October. As tempted as it sounded, I told Jon that we really couldn't afford it. He convinced me that we could do this on a shoestring (although there are no travel books entitled "The French Riviera on a Shoestring"), and, after all, July 11 would be our 10 year-anniversary of wedded bliss (okay, a slight exaggeration on the bliss part), and what better place to celebrate than in the South of France! In my attempt to ready myself for the trip – and for potential topless bathing – I have tried to lose 10 pounds, but have only lost 2. Jon on the other hand, has lost 15 pounds (!@$##%) and is back to wearing his size 34 pants! I have promised myself to stay with my diet and exercise regime, even though I will be tempted with eclairs and wine. Wish me luck.

I'm also going to attempt to start my travel blog again. I am not making any promises this time on making daily entries. After all I will be busy trying to catch glimpses of Gilles Marini. You know – the hot, Cannes-born actor on last season's "Dancing with the Stars." Again, wish me luck.



No comments: